1. What is covered
2. Information collected directly from you
(a) When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services; when signing up to use the Services including Semantics3 Analytics; when scheduling a phone call with the Company; or when requesting support via the live chat box, there are certain required fields and others fields that are voluntary to be filled by you. Personal information may include name, title, company, address, phone number, email address, and other relevant data that you provide. The personal information we collect is used by the Company to perform the requests made by you, or to contact you in regards to our products and Services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such such information or communications from the Company, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
(b) When purchasing any Services or to extend your trial, the Company may require you to provide the Company with your billing information, such as billing name, address, and credit card number to collect payments from you and/or to authenticate the identity of the sign up. This credit card billing information is collected, stored, and processed by our third party payment processor, currently, Stripe, Inc. By providing the credit card information, you are warranting and representing that you have authorization to use the credit card for the Services and that such credit card is valid.
(c) When you create an account with Semantics3 for its Services directly on the Site or install and access Semantics3 Analytics through your Shopify Ecommerce store, we collect your email address and password. If you choose to register by using a third party account (such as Github), we may collect your personal information or data from such third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with the Company.
(d) We may collect personal information or data in other formats and context. For example, if you provide the Company with a testimonial of your thoughts on the Services, such content may be used by Semantics3 for marketing purposes; or your review or feedback on Semantics3 Analytics that you voluntarily post will be publicly available on the Site or other marketing material, along with the identity of your account username. You grant the Company a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, royalty-free, fully paid license to use such content provided by you.
(e) Moreover, the Company hosts its blog posts on Medium.com, and a subscription to Semantics3’s blog requires you to log-in or create an account with Medium.com. We may collect any personal information that you make available on such third party services. Please refer to Medium.com for its privacy statement.
3. Information collected indirectly about you
(b) We may include Web beacons in marketing e-mail messages or our newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened, and if links contained within the content are clicked on. This helps the Company to improve its email content and better communicate with you.
(c) Like most websites, our web servers collect and log files that record data each time a device access those servers. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. This is done through your browser setting, and each browser is different, so please look at your browser’s Help menu to learn how to modify your cookies. If you disable cookies as off, some features will be disabled and it will not affect your experience with the Site.
- The Company uses Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data on user interactions. Google Analytics provides additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ regarding Google Analytics cookies;
- The Company utilizes Intercom as a customer management tool to help contact new and current customers to provide information about Semantics3’s products and to also provide technical support; please review the privacy statement here, https://www.intercom.com/privacy;
- The Company uses Heap Analytics to track user interactions on the Site; please refer to its privacy statement here, https://heapanalytics.com/privacy.
4. External communication on Slack
5. Uses of information collected
- Performing requests made by you;
- contacting you in regards to the Services or for marketing purposes;
- compiling aggregate data from the Site or Semantics3 Analytics for internal and external business purposes;
- preventing and detecting potentially illegal or harmful activities;
- billing or identification purposes;
- improving the Site/Semantics3 Analytics and its content delivered to you;
- authenticating log-in purposes;
- sending you updates on our Services or blog posts;
- protecting your and our rights;
- other uses in accordance with our Terms of Service; and
- any other purpose that is disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or that is related to a request made by you.
6. Do Not Track
Semantics3 does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore does not respond to the Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
7. Sharing of personal information
(a) In order to provide or communicate our Services, we use third party vendors to maintain an internal record of customers, payment processing, email server, cloud server, and other providers that facilitate our Services to you and for internal purposes. Semantics3 will share the personal information you provide only as reasonably necessary for the third party to provide that service, but in no way will Semantics3 sell, or voluntarily share and make your personal information personally identifiable form accessible to third parties for any other reason.
8. Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
The Federal Trade Commission enforces the COPPA, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. The Site is a general audience site not directed to children under the age of 13, and the Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
9. Data location and security
The Company’s servers are based in the Unites States, so your personal information is hosted and processed by Semantics3 in the United States. Semantics3 makes best efforts to follow industry standards of physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to maintain the integrity and security of information that the Company collects and stores. However, Semantics3 cannot make an absolute guarantee that information about you will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards, given that there is always a risk your personal data may be viewed and used by unauthorized third parties as a result of collecting and transmitting your data through the internet. Semantics3 will take any reasonable and necessary steps to remediate any compromise of data security that may put your personal information at risk. The Company strongly recommends that you do not disclose your log-in information, password, and API secret to anyone. Please remember that you control what personal information you choose to provide while using the Services, and you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any sensitive passwords or personal information.
11. Contact Semantics3
Last updated November 2016